Preview

Wednesday 29 July 2009

Initial feedback

I have posted a beta demo on many of the flash community forums in order to gain some initial feedback on Flash Fight. So far I have received well over 200 hits to my blog and the feedback has surpassed anything that I expected. This is tremendous. Thanks!

Your Comments:

Some of you have mentioned that the movements feel 'slippery' and enemies don't feel solid enough. This is easily fixed and I have already developed coding that means enemies are solid entities in the game that cannot be walked through.

In answer to some of your questions, the engine is currently based on AS2. Migration will (hopefully) be simple and this is one of the next big steps in the pipeline. Some of you have recommended that I release documentation and tutorials on the main processes within my engine, rather than a releasing a full (.fla) source file. You have argued that this would be far more beneficial to the flash community as it would encourage learning rather than ripping-off. This is a very fair point, and is something I am strongly considering at this moment in time. Releasing a series of tutorials, or heavily annotated the code would be very useful to many people, I'm sure.

I'm still working on the engine and whatever the outcome of this project - source code will be released. Compiled or not. Your feedback will only serve to speed up this process.

Thanks! Leave your comments!

4 comments:

  1. awesome :)

    i am thinking adapting it to multiplayer if you release it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very kind of you to open source it.

    I look forward to tinkering with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is the release coming out? I really want to create a game with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Update? need update please. T.T

    ReplyDelete